I just walked into Jake and Cohen's room to tell them for the umpteenth time to go to sleep and I find Cohen out of his bed setting up his Cars collection. I asked
"What do you think you are doing?"
and he looked up and replied
"I'm counting how many blue ones I have."
How could I be mad at that.
I can still hear them giggling now playing some game together thinking I can't hear them.
I guess I'm just not scary enough.
Anyway, it feels like forever since I was last on here. Whats new you ask? A lot.
Jer is working more and more lately with UPS. It's the busy season with all of the shipping going on for the holidays so he's working a lot of overtime. Graves. So when we do see each other it's sort of a 'hey there' and then what feels like an hour later we part again. It's not ideal but I appreciate that he goes to work all night slaying the dragons for us so I can be home.
We just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. We went out and spent the weekend together. It was great to have a few nights just the two of us to reconnect.
Jake is loving kindergarten. School doesn't start until noon so we all just spend half the day in our pajamas lazying it up. Eating cold cereal, watching cartoons, building legos.
It's pretty nice.
He was in his first karate tournament a few weeks ago. He practiced his routine so hard. He did Awesome and won two metals! He was so proud. We were too!
Cohen and Carlie spend the whole day with me and I love it.
We try to stay quiet throughout the day so Dad can sleep. I love that the weather has been nice and we can play at the park. We go to Ikea a lot. Gotta love their Smaland. and their cinabuns. just sayin.
We put up the tree and the lights just before Thanksgiving. too early. The boys are going crazy waiting for Christmas to finally come. They are trying to be good. They also wrote their Christmas lists before Thanksgiving and I bought all that was on the lists before Thanksgiving too. It felt good to be done so soon.
I thought I was done at least. I still need to buy gifts for relatives, stocking stuffers, new socks and underwear, a few more small gifts for Carlie to open.
I love Christmas shopping. I'm trying hard not to break the bank.
Carlie is as sweet as ever. She is talking now. Some words we can understand. She says 'apple' 'banana' 'no' 'bath' 'stinky'. She talks the most in the middle of the night. Crazy right. It's adorable. Most kids would cry when they wake up during the night in a dark and quiet house. But not Carlie. She is a little chaterbox around 3 am. she sings sometimes too. She is walking and we have discovered that she loves to climb.
Me? I'm good. I'm loving being home. I still work a few hours a week at sweet tomatoes but I'd rather be home.
I'm excited to be expecting again. We will be welcoming another baby in May 2012. I am trying to enjoy being pregnant but I am so tired all the time and hungry all the time and sick. I get morning sickness in the evenings mostly.
Despite being sick, I'm happy. I'm so so happy.
Maybe it's because it's Christmas time or maybe it's all the extra time being home just resting and playing. I have so much to be happy and excited about.
So anyway that's what's going on. All is well. We're still alive.





3 comments:
I'm so glad to "hear" from you! Those boys are so funny and even though it hasn't been that long since I've seen her, Carlie is getting so big! I love that she has her own little personality. And I can't wait to hear what you are having. Mom and I both think GIRL. :)
Congrats on #4 cousin! Wow, you are going to have as many kids as your Mom had...doesn't that make you feel old? We are so not ready for another baby. Three kids 4 and under is very busy though we enjoy them, adding another right now seems CRAZY! Your kids are growing like weeds...hopefully we'll see you all sometime soon!
Hope you are doing well. Let's have a play date.
Post a Comment